Approved by the Provost & VP of Academic Affairs, the Digital Learning Advisory Committee assists with the planning, development and evaluation of digital learning offerings and services at DSU.
Areas of advisement include:
- Strategic & Prioritization Planning
- Budget & Resource Review
- Student Orientation & Support Services
- Faculty Professional Development & Training
- Policies, Procedures and Best Practices
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Regulatory Compliance & Accreditation
Planning and prioritization of online programs (certificates, degrees) are reviewed and approved in collaboration with the Office of Curriculum & Planning, Academic Departments and Colleges, and the Provost.
The advisory committee includes the following members, representing key stakeholders and university partners.
- Ryan Hobbs*, Director of Digital & Extended Learning
- Emilie Namikawa, DSUSA Academics VP
- Sam Tobler, Faculty Senate President-Elect
- Darlene Dilley, Student Affairs - Enrollment Management
- Tiffany Draper, Student Affairs - Orientation/Student Success
- Eli Bermudez, Dean of the College of Health Sciences
- Cari Buckner, Department Chair - Family Studies & Human Development
- Verl Anderson, Faculty at-large (College of Business)
- Scott Allen, Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL)
- Jared Johnson, Information Technology
- Joshua Holt, Project Manager - Digital & Extended Learning
The Advisory Committee meets at least eight times a year, aligned with the regular academic calendar. If you would like to participate in an upcoming meeting, please contact the Chair for more information. Visitors are always welcome.
- Fall (Sep, Oct, Nov)
- Spring (Feb, Mar, Apr)
- Summer (Jun, Jul)