Approved by the Provost & Academics VP, the DDL Advisory Committee assists with the planning, development and evaluation of online and digital learning offerings and services at DSU.
Areas of advisement include:
- Strategic & Prioritization Planning
- Budget & Resource Review
- Student Orientation & Support Services
- Faculty Professional Development & Training
- Policies, Procedures and Best Practices
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Regulatory Compliance & Accreditation
Online programs or credential pathways (certificates, degrees) planning and prioritization will be reviewed and approved in collaboration with the Office of Curriculum & Planning, Department Chairs, College Deans and the Provost.
The advisory committee includes the following members, representing key stakeholders and partners at the university.
- Ryan Hobbs*, Director of Distance & Digital Learning
- Emilie Namikawa, DSUSA Academics VP
- Sam Tobler, Faculty Senate President-Elect
- Darlene Dilley, Student Affairs – Enrollment Management
- Tiffany Draper, Student Affairs – Orientation/Student Success
- Eli Bermudez, Dean, College of Health Sciences
- Cari Buckner, Department Chair, Family Studies & Human Development
- Verl Anderson, Faculty at-large (College of Business)
- Scott Allen, Faculty Development (CTL)
- Jared Johnson, Information Technology
* Committee Chair
The Advisory Committee is scheduled to meet at least eight times a year, aligned with the regular academic calendar. If you would like to participate in an upcoming meeting, please contact the Committee Chair. Visitors are always welcome.
- Fall (Sep, Oct, Nov)
- Spring (Feb, Mar, Apr)
- Summer (Jun, Jul)