OTC Registration Request
Thank you for your interest in the DSU Online Teaching Certification (OTC) Program. This certification program is required of all faculty assigned to teach online (beginning Fall 2019
A few items to note prior to registering for an upcoming OTC session:
- An average of 5-6 hours a week is needed to successfully complete the OTC course.
- The course has been redesigned to include what has been separate elements (part I and II) into the single course experience. As a result, the course has been expanded to a 9-weeks to allow for adequate time to complete the application activities.
- Part-time or adjunct faculty are ineligible to participate in the OTC course, if they are teaching more than 9 credits in a given term.
- Online teaching assignments are decided by the academic department and based upon availability. It is recommended that faculty discuss interest in teaching online prior to signing up for the certification course.
- Compensation is currently limited to eligible part-time faculty ($250 for successful completion).
Thank you for your interest in teaching online at DSU and helping students effectively meet their learning goals.
Ryan Hobbs (Director)
OTC REGISTRATION REQUEST
Please respond to the following questions to be registered for an upcoming online teaching certification course session. An email confirmation will be sent to the email provided upon enrollment in an upcoming OTC cohort session.Individuals will be added on a first come, first serve basis, with a priority given to those currently assigned to teach online.
Individuals will be added on a first come, first serve basis, with a priority given to those currently assigned to teach online.