What We Do
We work closely with students, faculty and staff to advance, educate, promote and direct online and other digital learning offerings and services – on campus, and beyond. As part of this work, we enjoy looking beyond the traditional practices of higher education, seeking new ways to reach students, engage them, and make learning more accessible.
Our team works collaboratively with university and external partners to provide the following services.
- Design and development of online/blended courses and programs
- Quality assurance and course reviews of digital learning offerings and services
- Sponsor and coordinate the DSU Online Teaching Certification Program and online teaching awards
- Design and promote active learning classrooms and spaces
- Establish and facilitate accountability of digital learning standards, processes and policies
- Administer Dixie Online, DSU’s portal for all online and related offerings and services
- Collaborate with other University partners to promote and advance the use of Canvas and other digital learning applications and tools
- Identify and implement innovative digital learning practices, models and programs
- Collaborate with the DRC in ensuring that digital learning offerings and services meet accessibility requirements and principles of universal design
- Organize and distribute an annual University digital learning report (May)
- Ensure that the University is compliant with federal, state and accreditation requirements for online and other digital learning formats
- Facilitate online program market research
- Assess and coordinate online student services and resources, especially for remote learners